Vasileios is a Management Consultant with StrategyCorp, advising clients in highly-regulated and public-policy-sensitive industries. Concurrently, he serves as:
• Chair of the Board of the Canada Observatory (Transatlantic Relations Initiative) of the IE School of Global and International Affairs;
• Venture Partner at NextGen VC, where he sits in on investment due diligence committees, helps source deals, and provides operational advise to portfolio companies;
• Member of the Board of Advisors of Stanbury Holdings, an EU-based operating partner to PE funds investing in the Infrastructure and Education sectors in East Africa;
• Member of the Global Panel of the MIT Technology Review.
Previously, he served as:
• Vice President, Corporate Development at Keela.co;
• Investment Banking Analyst at IJW & Co;
• Strategy researcher at Carrot Rewards App, as one of its first employees.
He completed his Bachelors in Chemical Engineering at the University of Toronto, and went on to obtain his Masters in Finance at IE Business School (Spain), where he also developed the first quantitative methodology for development of large-scale Debt-for-Environment Swaps. He is one of the youngest to be awarded the Professional Risk Manager designation by PRMIA.
In the past, he served as the Director of the Hellenic Canadian Board of Trade, co-led the initiative to create a Modern Greece Studies program at the University of Toronto, and served as Head of Delegation at the COP21 UN Climate Summit. He has published articles on LSE ‘s EuroCrisis and the Huffington Post. He advised several political candidates for leadership in NA, EU, and the United Nations. Cumulatively, he has fundraised over $3M for various business and philanthropy causes.
He has been recognized as one of the 100 Future Global Leaders by the Web Summit and a Greek America’s 40 Under 40. He has been a member of the Concordia Summit, a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, a member of the Royal Economic Society, and a Global Shaper of the World Economic Forum.