StrategyCorp Toronto is looking for a new Vice President-level public affairs consultant to join our team.
StrategyCorp consultants are the foundation of our team. The work our consultants do provides critical inputs into all our consulting engagements. Working at StrategyCorp gives you exposure to clients from most every sector of the economy, and often the opportunity to work on projects that are often some of the most topical issues in the country.
All our consultants bring varied and wide-ranging experience to StrategyCorp – and that’s one of the ways we’re able to offer a unique perspective to our clients. StrategyCorp has a fast-paced environment and we expect a lot from our consultants, but with that responsibility comes an unparalleled opportunity to get exposure to complex issues and projects that provide outstanding opportunities to learn and grow as a professional.
Required Skills and Experience
- 10 years of experience in government and/or public affairs (agency or in-house) and/or management consulting
- Government/political experience (Chief of Staff / Senior Policy Advisor/Director level) is a must with significant senior experience in policy
- A strong reputation for policy depth and integrity; Preference for deep policy experience in public finance, and/or energy and/or infrastructure
- Strong professional network, including senior-level connectivity amongst senior governments — elected or unelected
- Knowledge of government decision-making processes and how to organize them strategically
- Must be able and willing to conduct registrable lobbying activity. Some restrictions are acceptable
- Strategic thinking and abilities are a must; Ability to execute against a strategy/methodology to achieve client goals
- Ability to excel within an entrepreneurial environment
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; Experience managing teams, delegating work responsibilities
- Ability to manage competing priorities on tight deadlines, under pressure, as part of a team
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Excellent writing skills – decks, memoranda, position papers, MOU drafts
- Core math skills to help develop and communicate complex principles are an asset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
If you think you’ve got the skills and experience we’re looking for, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Vice President – Public Affairs (Policy)”.